Dec 25, 2008

Power of budgeting, and acting on it

This time last year I sat down and worked out how much I earned per hour for 2007, and wasn't too happy with the figure.

Earnings per hour = total annual sales / 2000 hours


Therefore I made a decision to increase it by 50%, and guess what? I have achieved my target revenue for 2008!

So now I am setting another target for 2009.

What about you?

How did I achieve my target revenue? I consciously have that figure in my mind, & will not take on jobs that pay me lower than that rate. Did it price me out of the market? I don't think so, because I know I provide a much higher value to my clients.

If you have a team of sales people working for you, you can extend this concept to each sales staff and you can work out how much they are worth to you per hour, and you will not want them to spend another minute longer on un-productive work!


Read also my take on Should you wash your own car





No comments: